Moving to new places and life stages can be an exciting but challenging time for students and their families. Whether students are starting at Nash, or leaving for life beyond college, our friendly transitions team is very experienced in working with young people at their feeder schools, through college and on to their next setting.
We know how complex the education system can be for disabled young people and their families – but we can help with our wealth of knowledge.
We work with parents, carers, schools and other professionals to connect students and families with the most appropriate contacts. We want to help each student to get the best possible support and provision beyond college, and achieve their hopes and dreams for the next stage of life.
If you wish to get in touch with the transitions team please contact:
T: 0208 315 4844
How our transitions team helps
- Attending final-year reviews at students’ previous placements, to support their transition into Nash
- Arranging link sessions for enrolled new students before their course begins
- Signposting students and families towards professionals and organisations
- Liaising with relevant bodies on students’ behalf
- Explaining options, including work-related learning, volunteering, living choices such as residential care or supported living, and further education
- Being available for queries or advice, as students apply to join us, and as they leave.